El Centro First has been in our community since 1927, but don't think of us as an old church. We are a solid grounded church committed to the whole family and desire to help you connect with the people and ministries available here. We are committed to reaching our community and the world with the Good News that everyone can have a real and personal relationship with God. Our desire is that believers in Jesus Christ would grow spiritually and find a ministry where they can give their time and talent in service to God. We want everyone here to develop real and lasting relationships centered on Jesus Christ.
What We Believe:
- The Bible is inspired by God as His design and plan for mankind
- There is only one true God—revealed in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the deity of Jesus Christ and that as God’s son, Jesus was both human and divine.
- God created humanity as good, but man willingly fell into sin bringing evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
- Every person can have a restored relationship with God through salvation (accepting Christ’s offer of forgiveness for sin).
- God supernaturally empowers us through the infilling of the Holy Spirit with gifts and abilities to make an eternal impact upon the world; to be a genuine witness to others.
- God still moves in miraculous ways and is eager to touch our lives in times of need.
- Jesus will return to fulfill the promises of God’s Word and take His rightful place as the Lord of heaven and earth.
El Centro First Assembly of God is affiliated with the Assemblies of God (USA). The Assemblies of God is not a denomination and is best described as a voluntary association of churches that have agreed upon sixteen doctrinal statements, known officially as the 16 Fundamental Truths, as well as a belief that each local church should be given the freedom to choose its own leadership, programs and styles of ministry.
Our Vision Statement:
We, as followers of Christ, are committed to evangelizing the world, discipling the believer, Worshiping God in fellowship with one another, and relating the Bible to all generations.
(Matthew 28:18-20); Acts 2:41-47)
Our Mission Statement:
To bring LIFE to the Imperial Valley. We desire to be an active and growing church that reaches out and meets needs within her community.
Christ Centered - Biblical - Authentic - Grace Filled